Working with Other Teams around the World
ARTI and EMERCOM (National Rescue Team of Russia) working together in Taiwan Earthquake.
1) Doug Copp with Chinese Team. That is a real snake wrapped around Copp's neck.
They thought they would scare him with the snake; instead Copp took the snake
and wrapped it around his neck. They didn't know that Copp was NUTS!
2) At the Headquarters for the Fire Dept, in Kobe. The Swiss Rescue Team is in
3) Brigadier Commandante, Cuerpo de Bomberos del Peru, Abilardo and Copp. He is
one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.
4) Dr. Feridun Celikmen of AKUT and ARTI, in Istanbul. In the middle is the TV
star who appeared as the narrator on our survival program in Turkey. CASE
productions provided the shirts for the dummies. 20 of these guys were buried
when we later collapsed the building on TV.
5) Copp and British ARTI member Thompson in front of Scotland Yard. ARTI is the
expert concerning blown-up buildings as a result of Terrorism.
6) ARTI with a group of Diplomats.
7) South American ARTI members Luis Pablo Garcia and Doctor Manuel Oroz. Just
before the drinks arrived.
8) ARTI life locating and rescue inventions with the Chinese Rescue Team.
9) Copp and Anatoliy I. Vyborov , Chief of the Rescue Co-ordination Center for
Eastern Russia. He is a good guy. ARTI and Russia have an agreement for
depoliticising rescue...ENUF said.
10) ARTI with the Admiral of the 7th Marine Police/Rescue Center for the
Preservation of Peace. At Admiralty headquarters.
11) 220 Rescuers and a 20-ft. long banner met ARTI at the Taiwan Airport.
12) ARTI and 'Stave', Chief of Chinese Rescue at Chinese training headquarters.
13) ARTI and members of the Romanian Rescue Team after signing letter of
agreement and co-operation in rescue (ARTI has agreements with 20 countries).
14) ARTI and RAPID of Great Britain
15) ARTI and members of International Rescue Corps of Great Britain
16) The leader of the Swiss rescue team toasts ARTI. 14 men , 3 women and 14
dogs slept on the floor in City Hall, Kobe. All the windows were smashed. It was
17) Copp at the Navigator's station in a Russian Cargo Plane.
18) Waiting for the PRES. After the President arrived we flew by Helicopter to
Air Force One. President Fujimori flew Copp back to Lima.
19) Taking a stretch, in the middle of nowhere. Delivering a new fire engine to
a Station 500 miles away. Brig. Gen'l Victor Potesta is usually more formally
dressed. This was at 4:00 am.
20) Founding member of ARTI from Canada, Brent Macleod. May this great guy rest
in peace up there in Heaven.