The Adventure Continues: Team members after the Disaster
1) The most embarrassing moment of Copp's life. Literally, Dragged up on stage
to do the Macarena Dance with professional dancers from Republic of China. 2,000
people watched Doug show how spastic he can be. Copp was the first up. At this
point ARTI member from G.B., Alex Thompson joined him. Later on Copp felt better
when joined by Anatolly, Chief of Russian Rescue. He was even more of a 'spas'.
Copp felt shocked that the Russian was even worse than he was.
2) A Chinese movie star joined us.
3) ARTI team members; including, one of our Archaeologists. This is one of the
benefits. Going where no one else can. This is a Greek King's tomb.
4) Actually inside the walls of ancient Byzantium.
5) ARTI visits the ruins of an ancient Roman Gymnasium. The circular stones are
chairs in the sauna. The floor was heated by a great furnace under the floor.
6) A Roman Coliseum. ARTI members from Canada, USA and Turkey.
7) The real statue and spear are missing.
8) ARTI and Romanian Gypsy Band. Romanian women are among the most sultry and
exquisitely beautiful, in the world.
9) Looking down on the coolest training headquarters, in the world. A valley in
the Republic of China. They put on a big Mt. and water rescue exercise for us.
They are really good.
10) Outside Dracula's front door in Transylvannia.
11) An inner courtyard door leading to Dracula's private quarters.
12) Holy -----!! This is for real. This secret passageway was behind the wall in
Dracula's castle. It went to his bedroom. Copp is lying when he said he wasn't
scared: 'Give me a collapsed building anytime'.
13) Dracula's bed.
14) Look at the 2 faces!! This is what Dracula actually looked like. The Real
Prince impaled 5,000 Turks on sharpened stakes. They sat on 8 ft. long sharpened
poles until they became a sea of 'corndogs'. Nasty Boy.
15) Copp inside of the Temple of the Sun, in Cusco.
16) This Amazon Jungle pothole was one of the several that were bigger than the
17) The mountains at the beginning of the Amazon.
18) The only remaining holy shrine of the Incas.
19) The first, most exquisite and most remote of Father Junipero Sierra's,
California Missions. This one is reached by Horse, Donkey or good 4 wheel drive,
in the middle of the Baja Desert, Mexico.
20) Copp and boss (wife) in an ancient Indian Cave we found in the desert. The
drawings are real and you won't find this in any tourist book. We felt like real
explorers when we discovered this. We have never told anyone where it is... so
it remains safe.
21) Ancient South American Mummies as they sit... where discovered... open to
the elements... in the desert.
22) A Roman fort guarding a pass. Some ARTI members went down a mile into a cave
we found behind the fort. Copp: ' I have crawled inside of 800 collapsed
buildings; however, I have claustrophobia. Being scared keeps me on an
adrenaline edge.' Copp never went into the cave. 'It is not fun to me.'
23) ARTI has PhD's in 'everything you can imagine' on the team. This is a
Turkish Team member who is a great mountain climber, adventurer and Ph.D. in
literature. We are standing in front of the Hagia Sophia. 'The Temple of